Monday, March 21, 2011

Overhauling Grading Practices

Over the course of this blog, I will speak about how I have changed my grading and assessment practices, try to point to resources that will help people in the same predicament, and give suggestions as to how to make the changes in a manner that may be more efficient than my own experience.

I am finishing up a training in assessment provided by the Wisconsin Assessment Consortium. We are using a book titled Classroom Assessment for Student Learning by Stiggens, et al.  This book is a great book that includes everything about what good assessment (both formative and summative) and grading looks like.  In addition, I am a huge believer in Understanding by Design (UbD) as a framework to think about and create curriculum.  I will try to bring in perspectives from both of these fronts into the conversation.

My next posts will be on how to organize your gradebook and why a reorganization may be a good idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment